The ways of the Olympic speed is nothing comparable to the speed of other animals in nature, with some reaching speeds of true vertigo, which are the most distance can be covered in less weather around the world.
Its back is dark blue top, the sides are usually mottled blue and gray bars and belly is white and silver. Can exceed 2 meters in length and 100 kilos. All species of sailfish, marlin and swordfish fisheries are coveted trophies.
His extreme speed is due to the power of their muscles quantity and dynamics of his face, highlighting the prominent upper jaw with sword-shaped dorsal fin-shaped sail.
9. Cheetah (115 km / h). It is the fastest land animal, reaching a top speed between 95 and 115 km / h sprints up to 400 to 500 meters.
Feet, a structure very similar to the dog, have pads hard, with sharp edges, instead of the resilient pads which have the other cats.
These pads and nails blunt and retractable meet the additional purpose of providing an animal that moves so fast the chance to stop to make sudden stops or quick turns. Noteworthy is the existence of a rudimentary finger more developed than in other felids, which plays an important role in securing prey.
8. Teal (120 km / h). It comes as a clumsy bird walk on land, however, the flight of these birds is very fast, vibrant and erratic, with a capacity for sudden reversals. At first it is low, but soon rise with great energy. It also features online flight in flocks, where they show a lot of coordination among members, making pirouettes round, with ups and downs. They are usually easily seen flocks composed of a dozen individuals, but also form much larger groups. It is easy to understand the agile flight of this teal, given its small size and powerful physiognomy, taking also into account that the month of birth and an unabashed free-flying practice.
7. Mako (124 km / h). It’s a big shark with fusiform body, sturdy, solid and very streamlined. Its snout is conical and pointed and the mouth is large and narrow U-shaped with wide diastema separating the mandibles.
The secret of its power and speed is the perfect hydrodynamics, the powerful muscle mass, its tail fin crescent-shaped and being homeotherm, tripling their muscle power allowing also make sudden starts. This combination of strength and speed gives these animals the ability to jump very high out of water, as does the white shark, these jumps usually perform them when caught in a fishing hook, during which you can reach between 6 and 8 feet high.
The pelicans dive into the water falling vertically at high speeds, its body structure being adapted to this fact. No external holes of the nose and nasal side have holes that can close when under water. The openings of the ears are very small, are covered with feathers and can be closed also with a system similar to the nostrils. The sternum is very strong and so long that it can protect the bowels of the coup against the water.
The adult is 52 to 58 cm long with a wingspan of 67 to 82 cm. It has a pointed crest and base of bill red with jagged edges. Adult males have a dark head with a green luster, a white neck, chest, rusty, black and white ventrally from behind. Adult females have a rusty head and body gray. The juveniles are like females but have a white wing patch smaller.
These birds have very short legs and only use them to cling to vertical surfaces and generally inclined. They build their nests in cracks and holes that form the rocks of the cliffs. They do not usually land on earth, feeds during the flight catching insects with their beaks.
They nest in the rocky hills of Central Asia and southern Siberia. It is a migratory bird that winters in southern Australia. Rarely located in Europe but has been sighted occasionally in Norway, Sweden and Britain.
Also, like most swifts, is black around the body less on the chin, which is white. Among the white chin and belly white is a narrow strip of black. The wings are very long flight and take the shape of a crescent or crossbow. The tail is small, narrow fork.
2. Golden Eagle (300 km / h). It is a bird of prey known and widely distributed on Earth. Its range covers much of North America, Eurasia and northern Africa. Maintains even sedentary populations on several islands such as Britain, the Mediterranean, Japan and Vancouver. However, the population in Central Europe has been greatly reduced in recent years because of human activity and is extinct in many places where it was abundant.
The golden eagle hunt from the air, and to get equipped with typical weapons of his family: strong legs ending in claws well developed, hooked beak, great strength and speed and a powerful light can locate prey to hundreds of meters distance. Dams to which death can come in all shapes and sizes: mice, rabbits, hares, marmots, foxes, bobcats, snakes, and even young and old or sick individuals of wild goats, deer, wild boar and chamois and birds flying and ground. They have also been seen attacking wolves.
1. Peregrine Falcon (340 km / h). It is a large hawk, crow-sized, with blue-gray back and whitish underside with dark spots, the head is black and has a wide and distinctive mustache also colored black. You can fly at a cruising speed of 100 km / h, but when making an attack hunting dive, you can reach over 300 km / h, making it the fastest animal in the world.
A study of the physics of flight of a hypothetical “hawk ideal” set a theoretical speed limit of 400 km / h for the low-altitude flight and 625 km / h for high altitude flight. In 2005 there was a hawk making a swoop at a maximum speed of 389 km / h.