The ancient buildings of Malta – the catacombs, temples, observatories and other megaliths – some of the most enigmatic in the world. They are older than the Egyptian pyramids nearly a thousand years.
Who built – is unknown. And most importantly, why? Their appointment is as big a mystery as in the figures Peruvian Nazca desert or in the stone rings of English Stonehenge.
Some scientists cautiously suggest that the Maltese over the Sumerian civilization – it is officially known as the oldest on Earth. And generally the very first among developed countries.
Sumerians appeared in the area of Mesopotamia 6000 years ago. It is believed that they came up with a lot of useful information: from the wheel, writing, arithmetic and lunar-solar calendar to nails and beer.
Excavations in Malta show: the development of civilization was here 8000 years ago. Researchers do not exclude that it is from the Maltese Sumerians got their knowledge.
– There is speculation that the Maltese owning high technology involved in the construction of Stonehenge, – says the historian, archaeologist, professor, University of Malta Stefan FLORIAN. – For example, recently British archaeologists near the famous megaliths discovered an ancient burial age of more than four thousand years. And in it the remains of a man who was very different from the locals. Archaeologists have not embarrassed to call it “stranger”.
– According to legend, “the stranger” was considered a magician, – said the director of the Archaeological Society Andrew Fitzpatrick of Wessex – he was able to move the huge stones and smelt the ore, the making of metal objects.
According to one version, a magician himself was a legendary magician Merlin. But on the other – “technologist” arrived from Malta, where for some unknown reason suddenly disappeared people around 2000 BC. Oe. A date of construction of Stonehenge – 2440 – 2100 years. BC. Oe. Converges!
On the mysterious disappearance of the Maltese civilization we still tell. And now try to understand the mystery, which immediately catches the eye. Island along and across slashed with huge ruts, like a jumbled network of rails. Who do they stay?
Roads to nowhere
Mysterious “transport path” are two of the three islands of the Maltese archipelago – Malta and Gozo. Some people are like ruts from carts. Others are so deep and wide, though they have been abandoned tanks or KAMAZ.
Some grooves are cut into the stone by 70 centimeters – I was sitting on top, hanging them up. Ruts can go through the whole island, through the mountains, can ramify like railroad tracks at a large yard. Some end in precipices, others go into the sea. There are those who then disappear, then reappear. As if this track plowed object which then rose, then fell on the rocks.
The first thing that comes to mind: here over the centuries went great chariot wheels of methodically cutting the stone. Here are “rut” – almost like we have on asphalt roads that need repair.
Enthusiasts, measuring the sulcus, even calculated that move along them could wheel with a diameter of two meters, made of very durable material – most likely the metal.
– Malta 700 years was under the control of the Roman Empire – said vice-president of the Archaeological Society of Malta University of Malta, Professor Anthony Bonanno.
– Roman chariot could well have left deep traces.
There is so sensible versions have only one drawback: in Malta is not found any wheels. Even wooden no.
Judging from the excavations, the first wheel came from the Sumerians in Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) in 3500 – 3000 years BC. Oe. There they were, and they find it. And the age of “rails”, as archaeologists, can not be less than 6 – 7 thousand years. But perhaps they are much older…
Mystery of “roads” creates a lot of assumptions. Maltese architect George Hron de Vasse, for example, at one time argued that Malta – part of sunken Atlantis. Consequently, and “rails” were left of the Atlanteans, which it something drove. Maybe even under water.
Ufology compare gauge with figures on the Nazca plateau. And ascribe them to an extraterrestrial origin: they say, brothers on reason ischerkali island laser beam.
Local scientists on this laugh. But as you’ve never amounted to anything.
– “Rails” are near the ancient temples (at that time there were over 40, now has about 20. – Ed.), Then by him delivered to multi-ton blocks of stone for construction – believes the curator of archaeological research department “Heritage Malta” Katya Stroud . – Near some temples have been found a lot of lime spheres of diameter 40 – 60 cm They could be used as bearings. Cut a stone implements track, laid out in these spheres, placed on top plate, and on her – the cargo. So it rolled. Moreover, rolled plate forward to take back the balls, move forward and continue to roll.
But bad luck: the majority of fissures in the first place, was laid in the desert areas, away not only from the churches, but even the settlements, and secondly, the cross section of furrows in the main – “trough” and not a semicircle, which would stay on the balls. Yes, and withstand the pressure of the balls limestone boulders weighing several tons? And who ever the vehicle is pushed or pulled?
– It is possible that these tracks could be artificial channels for rainwater harvesting – says historian Stefan Florian. – Block furrow on both sides and scooped.
Again, bummer: why they had to be done in pairs? With the same success can be assumed that the furrows were served water residents: one – cold, on the other – hot.
An interesting explanation Maltese artifact gave Russian geologist, a graduate of the St. Petersburg Mining Institute, who has worked 15 years in the Far North of Russia, and now a businessman Dmitry BEKH-Ivan.
– It’s simple: no one hollowed limestone, not grated it in the dust the wheels, – said Dmitry Evaldovich. – We drove through the mud – and should be prepared. Hence, the imperfection of the geometry of prints – they had not done on purpose.
– Dirt? – Honestly surprised me. – Malta same – rock solid limestone!
– Solid he is now, – said the geologist. – And once Malta and Gozo were covered with soft, like clay, carbonate muds, which later dries to form a stone-limestone. Ruts by wooden sledges, which harnessed the people, and so goods are shipped. To move through the mud sled – the best transportation.
– And that the Maltese were taken so far through the whole island?
– They sleigh evacuated to escape. In Malta, there was some catastrophe, the land in many places reared. And the surviving people who inhabited the shores of reservoirs, were overnight away from the water, surrounded by swamp muck. Having collected all his belongings, went out to a new place of residence, to the water. Therefore, “rails” and go from the mountains to the lowlands. And not at the bottom of the sea, and the water. And the footprints of people I found.
Hypothesis Beh-Ivanov also not without a snag. Ruts occur in two layers of so-called “coral bleaching”: upper and lower. Age at first geologists estimated at 5 – 7 million years. And the second – in 25 – 35 million years. It turns out that people lived in Malta in that distant time?
Maybe so. Although the scientist did not exclude that the 6 – 7,000 years ago in Malta could be a catastrophe, which shifted and mixed limestone.